Thursday, June 28, 2012

Selfish


Sorry I had to leave
Can’t promise I’ll come back
I know it’s selfish of me
I can’t help it
Things moved too fast
Memories choke me
They stain my pillow
Remember how we used to be?
Tracing tear stains
Stand in the rain to hide the pain
Are my apologies enough?
Never thought I’d leave
Flooded with emotion
Yesterday I tried to see the point in staying
Blurry vision
Thoughts too far gone
This has gone far enough
As bad as I want you to be here with me
It’s best to leave you behind
Or did you let me go?
Time was on our side
Would you believe that I love you?
Despite my actions
Believe me its true
I write these words
Instead of reaching for you at night
It’s the fact that I thought I was holding you back
I just needed to disappear
My dreams cry for you
If I could turn it back
I wouldn’t know you
I would have never whispered my name
Save you the shame
Prevent the hurt
I’m sorry but I had to leave
Can’t say I’ll come back
I know its selfish of me

No comments:

Post a Comment