Sunday, November 7, 2010

Love or Lust

Love is the emotion of strong affection and personal attachment.[1] In philosophical context, love is a virtue representing all of human kindnesscompassion, and affection. In religious context, love is not just a virtue, but the basis for all being ("God is love"[2]), and the foundation for all divine law (Golden Rule).


Lust is a craving for sexual intercourse, which can sometimes assume a violent or self-indulgent character. In the three major Abrahamic religions, it is considered a sin.


Love and lust are often confused. There's usually a common misconception between the two. Learning the difference is usually heartbreaking confusing annoying disgusting etc etc etc... 


Lust in my opinion is physical. Everything is SEX. I was once in lust with this guy back then I would scream from the mountain tops that I was in love with him. I had to learn was that I loved what he was (a freak). I loved what he did to me. The thought of just having sex with him. I LOVED IT. I LUSTED FOR IT. (those were the days lol) Lust can be dangerous. You'll do anything to get ahold of that LOVING to get your fix. 


Love is an emotion. Love is indescribable. Love magnifies the little things. Its those butterflies in your stomach when he/she touches you. Love is completion. Feeling like everything is PERFECT when you hear his voice. Love is giving your last cookie to your girl. It's watching the sunrise. Its a breath of fresh air. It's so much its hard to explain. Love is wonderful. 


Like lust love can also be dangerous. Love is blind and it'll take over your mind (word to Eve).  Love will have you doing the stupidest things to prove to this person they're your EVERYTHING. Love will commit murder. Love is selfish. It's controlling. It's jealous. Love is everything good and evil at the same time. Love is Gods gift AND the Devils playground. Love is CONFUSING. Love is everything you want and everything you're scared of all at once. It's the iron as a kid you know it's hot and it'll burn you but you still wanna touch it just to say you did. 


My EXPERIENCE with love its limited. I've only ever loved one guy in my life. Like I stated before. I lusted for him. I thought that I was in love with him. I wasn't. I still have mad love for him though. Learning the difference between my love and lust for him was kinda hard. I cried did stupid shit because I was hurt blamed it all on him because I was young dumb & naive. It was quite an experience. I've learned a whole lot and grown up quite a bit. I know that the knowledge I have now is from my misconception between love and lust. The two most confusing and dangerous things in life. 

2 comments:

  1. You Nailed it! And I REALLY enjoyed this! I feel like I needed to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True true true. I jus thnk love is way more dangerous than lust.

    ReplyDelete